Re: [WriteLog] CW PTT Delay Microham MKII Keyer

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW PTT Delay Microham MKII Keyer
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:42:28 -0500

micro2R (and MK2R+) use WinKey 2 (either v.21, v.22 or v.23 depending
on age of the unit).  There is a substantial difference among v.10,
v.21/22 and v.23 in the way WinKey PTT operates. Please refer to the
K1EL documentation (www.k1el.com) for your particular WinKey version
and do not expect the same behavior in all versions of WinKey.

The primary differences between V.10 and v.21/22 are that v.21/22 does
not have a minimum 1 word space (7 dit) PTT tail.  With v.10 the tail
is 1 word space *plus* the value set (1, 1.33, 1.66, or 2.00 wordspace
or a fixed n ms delay) while v.21/22 uses only the set value.  The
main difference between v.21/22 and v.23 is that v.23 uses "look ahead"
and will not hold PTT on a space in an ASCII input (F-key) if there is
no character after the space.

Note: due to the differences in the integrated circuits, MK, MK II
and DK II can not be updated from WinKey (v.10) to WinKey 2.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV