Re: [WriteLog] Webupdate files

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Webupdate files
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:03:37 -0900
Ed,

I'm running Vista, not Win7, but in the newer Windows versions the Super Check Partial dta files go into a Program Data folder, not the WL Program folder. Mine is at C:\ProgramData\WriteLog. Lots of other stuff besides the dta files goes there as well. I rarely use the WL webupdate option as that is often not current with the latest dta files being released. Instead I go directly to http://supercheckpartial.com/ and download them myself into my Downloads folder then copy and paste them into C:\ProgramData\WriteLog.

As a side note the masterrtty.dta file currently on the Super Check Partial site, dated 11/14/13, is the final one for RTTY only ops. Starting in 2014 that file is phased out and users should use the master.dta file in its place.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Ed Gray W0SD