Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog & Microkeyer II

To: Steve Dyer <w1srd@yahoo.com>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog & Microkeyer II
From: Joe Wilkowski <k8fc@k8fc.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 09:05:27 -0500
Update. I removed WL 11.18 and did a full install of WL 11.12 and ran the application. I reset the WL Sound Control Mixer and WL comes up now with no "Error setting up device names for sound, Vista-Style" but after WL launches (approx 30 sec or so after program start) it still spawns the error message "Cant open sound card (3)". But everything works as normal. Sound works .

I then loaded WL 11.15A and still get the "Cant open sound card (3)" error but not the "Vista-Style" error. I am going to stop while I am ahead. The "Cant open sound card (3)" seems to be some artifact and it appears to be harmless. Time will tell. I have it working and I will leave it that way.