Re: [WriteLog] Two WriteLog / MMTTY issues

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Two WriteLog / MMTTY issues
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:48:55 -0500

> On a side note, I never use this option. I feel that MMTTY is fast
> enough to follow any signal that is within the audio passband.

I previously used "AFC ON/OFF w/CALL" but with the new OCX interface, I
set "Sweep" on the AFC/ATC/PLL tab to 0.3 (not a standard choice but
it can be entered manually) to limit the AFC range to +/- 50 Hz (0.3 x
170 Hz).  This keeps the AFC from "running away" or trying to lock on
the "other tone" in the face of a strong off-channel signal.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV