Re: [WriteLog] Contest module to use for W1AW/4 operator

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Contest module to use for W1AW/4 operator
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 08:37:04 -0500
I have many tens of thousands of QSOs from P40A using the DXpedition
module and it works great. I never noticed the general logger.

John KK9A

To:      <writelog@contesting.com>
From:    "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date:    Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:57:31 -0900

I kust did a quick mini check today on the DXpedition log module and the
General DXCC tracking log module. Both can handle all the HF bands from
160M to 6M. I didn't try various modes, but I'm sure they can both do CW,
RTTY and SSB; not sure about PSK. They both have multiplier windows to
show the status of your contacts on various bands for different areas of
the world. However, the multiplier windows in both modules are the same;
they show all NA prefixes, but only K for the US, not the individual
states. I don't know if that's an issue for anyone or not.

Bottom line I see no major differences between these two modules. There
must be some minor distinctions between the two, but on a cursory
examination it is not obvious what they might be. If you use either of
these modules you will probably want to change the layout of the Entry
window fields to suit your personal preference. The default layout is
CALL, COUNTRY, C, SNT, RCV, and Name. You can go to Contest/Exchange
Format Setup... to change the field layout order, add new fields, or
suppress the display of existing fields. I would probably go with
something like CALL, RCV, STATE, NAME, COUNTRY, C, but your needs/desires
may be different. I think all that is needed for uploading to LOTW is
CALL, RCV or RST, Band and Mode. The logger module will automatically take
care of Band and Mode if you are interfaced to your rig.

73,
Gary AL9A