Re: [WriteLog] SETUP - CW/RTTY/SSB MESSAGE FORMAT

To: "JOHN POWELL" <powell.john@xtra.co.nz>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SETUP - CW/RTTY/SSB MESSAGE FORMAT
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 20:33:08 -0900
John,

There are several options for sending the serial number from F2, depending upon what you want for the output.

A plain '%' sign in the macro will send the exact serial number as indicated by WL.

A '%n', where n is from 1 -5, will send the serial number with required number of leading "T" characters in Morse or "0" digits in RTTY, to make it a n digit number. Use this for contests where a three digit serial number is required.

A '%N' followed b an optional digit n will send the serial number as a n digit number, but will use cut numbers if you have a [Cut-Numbers] section defined in your writelog.ini file. For example, 0=T will send the letter T instead of a 0 for as many places as required to make a three digit number. But, it will also send T anywhere if finds a 0 in the serial number. So the number 1008 will be sent as 1TT8. I don't particularly like receiving that so I never send it, but your opinion may differ.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: JOHN POWELL