Re: [WriteLog] Rig keys up when WL Boots

To: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rig keys up when WL Boots
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 09:06:28 -0600
Don and All, I normally boot up computer first, then power up radio and MK2, and then open writelog... shutting down just the reverse. This seems to stop the keying! my 2 cents! 73's Cort K4WI

Don AA5AU wrote:
It's typical for this to happen when using a COM port for PTT but I am unsure
why it would happen with USB and a MK - maybe the same reason. During the boot
process, RTS toggles states and this causes the radio to key. I normally turn
my radio off when when booting the computer.

73, Don AA5AU