Re: [WriteLog] Is anyone using an Icom IC-756 Pro III?

To: "'Stein-Roar Brobakken'" <mail@la6fja.eu>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Is anyone using an Icom IC-756 Pro III?
From: "w0ej" <w0ej@goldenwest.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 07:54:21 -0600
If you are using an IC-756 Pro III with WriteLog 11.18C and it successfully
communicates the frequency info to the computer, could you please email me a
copy of your INI file so that I can see how it is setup? Tnx your help is
appreciated.

LA6FJA, Thanks for the input, I found that there are two writelog.ini files,
one in C:\Windows and the other deep in the Users folder. The latter reflects
changes I make via the Edit INI file shortcut so I took that info and copied
into the first copy. No changes so I restored the original file (I saved a copy
in a separate folder for this purpose).

So it appears that much is not the issue as far as I can tell.

I changed the baud rate to 9600 but again that did not correct the situation
either. I verified in the INI file this change was actually made, restarted the
software as well as rebooted the rig.

Also I did click on the No Rig button to the left of the QSO Entry field and it
indicates com port 6, which is what the rig connects to.  I can select OK and
no change, then I try the same again and enter a freq and hit OK but rig does
not respond.

I also tried entering a freq into the QSO Input field and hit enter but this
does not change the freq on the rig.

After I tried each of these items, I always restored back to the original setup
before moving on to try the next item.

I agree there is a lot of information in the Help files as well as on K9JY
website and I have poured over both of them.

73,

Bill - W0EJ

NAQCC- #2271

SKCC-  #10440T