Re: [WriteLog] Is anyone using an Icom IC-756 Pro III?

To: w0ej <w0ej@goldenwest.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Is anyone using an Icom IC-756 Pro III?
From: Stein-Roar Brobakken <mail@la6fja.eu>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:53:42 +0100
Are 100% sure you work in rigth INI file and folder? I had to make my
programdata folder changed from hidden to viewable.  Then copy my writelog.ini
there to have windows 7 to track the ini file!!  73 LA6FJA

---Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com

Gentlemen, I am a newbie to WriteLog (V11.18C on a Windows 7 computer) and

experiencing connectivity issues with my IC-756 Pro III. This rig

communicates with several other software packages I use at different times

with no problems at all. I obviously don't have setup correct yet in

WriteLog as I can't read the frequency from the rig into the In QSO Entry

Window hence it doesn't appear on the log either. I have attached three JPG

files one showing the absence of the freq in the Entry Window , another is

the Port Setup page and the last is the logging/dupe config showing that I

have com port 6 selected which is where the rig is connected. I believe my

error is most likely in the INI file. K9JY website mentions that under the

Radio drop down window, Headphones Normal should be selected but all of the

headphone options are "light grey" meaning I cannot select any of them. I

have "The Window selected is Radio Left" and "Number of radios is 1".

This is the Ports and Rigs section of my WriteLog.ini file. I am using USB

com port 6 from the computer out to my Icom 756 Pro III, this configuration

works on all other control and logging software I use between this rig and

computer so I know the physical link is working. The rig address is 6E and

the port is running at 19,200 baud, 8,1,N.

Any direction you can offer is most appreciated.

[PORTS]

CWPTTCONTROL=0

CWPTTDELAY=0

CWPTTIDLE=256

dvktype=1

dvkport=4

cwtype=6

cwport=2

dvkstoploop=1

dvkechomic=1

CommSlot1=1

Comm6Used=USED,POLL,53

Comm6RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}

Comm6XmitControl=ALWAYS

CommSlot2=6

CommSlot3=3

CommSlot4=4