Re: [WriteLog] WL DVK w/ Rigblaster Pro

To: "WriteLog@contesting.com" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL DVK w/ Rigblaster Pro
From: Bryan Swadener via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 19:38:24 -0700

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried the Echo Microphone option as well as the other
Sound Board settings, to no avail.

I don't want (or need) to run the microphone thru the PC for processing. The
latency also messes me up, since I use the monitor function of my TS850S. I use
an outboard box (Symetrix 528E) to flatten the dynamic range. With some EQ and
the TS850's built-in speech processor, my TX audio has A LOT of punch.

Tech support at West Mountain says the RB Pro shouldn't be using the "Process"
function when sending computer audio, and microphone audio should work thru the
box w/o being in the "Process" mode.  It's bassackwards but, worked at one
time. Perhaps I should post this to a RB reflector.

Bryan WA7PRC