[WriteLog] USB Adapter Question

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] USB Adapter Question
From: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 23:12:28 -0400
I apologize if this is a bit long, but hopefully somebody may have found a fix to both of my issues. I do not believe either of these issues are related to a WL problem.

I am using a rigblaster pro for FSK rtty. I has worked flawlessly for years via the real comports on my computer.

Recently I needed to replace my PC due to a lightning strike nearby. I picked up an HP Pavillion with Win8 (the same model PC I was running on WIN XP and Vista), but obviously much newer. I purchased several PCIExpress comport cards and they will not work. It is not a driver issue. The PC will not even boot once the card is installed. The first question, Is anybody using a HP Pavillion running Win 8 with real comports? Is so what is the model number of the card?

Secondly, In an attempt to get back on the air. I switched to USB/Serial adapters. Everything works great except for one issue. If I hit the ESC key before a message is completed (ie the %R%E have not been sent) the TXD line hangs and I can no longer send FSK. As a temporary solution I programmed one Fn Key to send %R%E to reset everything. Several times during a contest I may hit an incorrect Fn key and hit ESC to stop the erroneous message.

Does anybody know of any settings which may help to eliminate this issue?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Rich