Re: [WriteLog] USB Adapter Question

To: "'Rich'" <rwnewbould@comcast.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB Adapter Question
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 17:08:50 -0500
I didn't see any responses to this one so let me throw some things out here.

First off, a friend of mine bought a new HP Pavillion desktop with Windows 8.1.
He is not the most computer literate operator, but
he was able to install a new Syba SD-PEX15011 4-port PCI Express serial card in
the computer with no problems. He just allowed
Windows to install the drivers and all went well. This is after I confirmed I
was able to install the same card in my new Dell
Windows 8.1 desktop although I had some difficulties when I first tried to
install the Windows 8 drivers that came with card.
Windows did not like the drivers and would keep restarting itself. Eventually I
just allowed Windows to go out and find the driver
and it did and all went well. This card has performed flawless since being
installed a few months ago.

On your second issue with "TXD line hangs", I'm wondering if instead of "TXD
line hangs", it is actually PTT that is hanging. If PTT
is hanging, then the problem could be that you have both hardware and software
PTT enabled. If your hardware interface is capable of
PTT, it may be better to allow the hardware interface to control PTT and
disable radio control PTT.

73, Don AA5AU