Re: [WriteLog] Enter sends exch/QRZ?

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Enter sends exch/QRZ?
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 19:08:12 +0000
Sometimes that's true, but I was over simplifying for expediency. I don't
usually tune the band that fast.
More often than not, I'll hear something, but when tuned in well enough to
copy, all I get is "test". Or, in your case "...B TEST".  I would prefer
silence. Then it's a couple seconds less wait time before the next CQ. I
should just keep tuning as if I heard nothing, but that's psychologically
difficult. I hate waiting around to identify a dupe.  Oh well...  as I
said, it's a minor thing

I've only  done one RTTY test in my life, so I'm no expert. So, I have no
idea why the added "CQ" after the call in RTTY. Maybe it's historical ...
it doesn't seem to add anything useful.

73, Alan  AD6E