Re: [WriteLog] Writelog.ini issues in version 11.22G (SOLUTION)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog.ini issues in version 11.22G (SOLUTION)
From: Jim Preston <jpreston1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:14:29 -0800
Alan,

Very good. I'm glad you got it working. From what you said, it sounds like the active writelog.ini file is the one in C:\windows, the same as mine.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 11/19/2014 10:18 AM, Alan Marshall wrote:
Jim, Gary and all,

YES!  I have the system working properly on my radio machine now.
The process I used to get it to work is the following:

    1. I turned on UAC (User Access Control) for my username at level
"notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer"
    2. I opened the folder for the virtual store of writelog.ini and
copyied that properly formatted file to the C:\Windows\ folder.  Thus
the two files are         now  identical.
    3.  Then I tested the system for the AutoSaveCount=1 on an old
contest log.  IT WORKS!

I did note that there was a writelog.ini file in that directory that did
not have the AutoSaveCount= parameter set.  I do not know where that
came from as I had simply updated my install to the latest version from
the previous one that was about two years old.  So I did need to
overwrite it with the one that was in the virtual store as found by the
"edit Writelog.ini" command.

I have not yet tried to do any further settings to see if they now
transfer properly between the two files but I'll figure that out when
and if I need to do that.

Again THANKS for all your help with this issue and all your help on the
reflector.

    -Alan, W1CCE

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Preston