Re: [WriteLog] CQWW Multi-Single with One Chair

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CQWW Multi-Single with One Chair
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:26:04 -0800
On Wed,11/26/2014 12:13 PM, Dean St. Hill wrote:
I don't really see the logic of entering M/S as a SO2R.

I'll respond to that, because I want exactly the same thing. Thanks to old scoring rules, those of us living on the west coast of the US are uncompetitive in DX contests, so we don't take them seriously at all. But many of us with good stations do want to offer our stations to other hams when we're not using them, and we also like to use that sort of contest as an opportunity for mentoring less experienced contesters.

My station is set up for SO2R, and that's how I like to operate it. I certainly don't want to have to rewire it for a contest, and I don't want to take a hit in my contest score because I brought those guys into the game.

73, Jim K9YC