[WriteLog] Fw: MMTTY, Navigator and Writelog.

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fw: MMTTY, Navigator and Writelog.
From: Mike Streeter via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 15:42:23 +0000 (UTC)

 Subject: MMTTY, Navigator and Writelog.

 I have read as much as I can but have not been able to find any information on
this specific matter. I am in process of setting up an SO2R station. My
original station has operated for quite a few years using an Icom 746,
Navigator and Writelog with the MMTTY plug in. I recently acquired an Elecraft
K3 and have moved the Navigator and Writelog  over to it. That setup is working
well.Now, I have purchased a second Navigator from Timewave, and they have set
it up to operate on a second set of Com ports. I have it connected up to my
second radio, the Icom 746. The original Navigator is on Com ports 3 through 8.
The new Navigator is on Com ports 12 through 17. My original intention was to
use a single PC but I can use a second PC if I cannot get everything to work on
one PC.I have set up the second Navigator with the Icom using MMTTY stand alone
and it works just fine. (uses Com 15 for ptt). The problem occurs when I have
Writelog with MMTTY and the plug in loaded. There are then have 3 screens, the
Writelog log entry, the RTTY control panel and the Rttyrite screen. The ports
setup on the Writelog entry screen is no problem, it can accept up to 16 ports
(I don't need to use Com17), but on the Rttyrite screen the port setup allows
for only 8 ports, which means I cannot set a port for the Navigator and
therefore cannot use Writelog with the MMTTY plug in. Is there any way that
Writelog can be configured to increase the number of ports on the Rttyrite
screen? It seems odd that MMTTY stand alone can accept up to 16 ports, Writelog
can accept 16 ports but the Rttyrite screen can only use up to 8 ports.I am
using MMTTY version 1.68A and Writelog version 10.73D. Do I need a later
version of Writelog that allows for 16 ports in Rttyrite?
Mike, WM5DX.