Re: [WriteLog] WL for Win7

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL for Win7
From: John Bastin <jebastin@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:43:22 -0500
> On 25 Feb 2015, at 23:11, Dave Marshall via WriteLog
> <writelog@contesting.com> wrote:
>
> Does the latest version of WL do a clean install with Win 7??  I have V11.06
> with the upgrade to V11.12.  This worked great with XP and I have used WL for
> several years, upgrading when appropriate. But since moving to Win 7 a couple
> of months ago I can't get it running.
> I use MMTTY, which works fine by its self, but WL only works receiving.  I
> can copy fsk thru the MMTTY engine  into WL and it will key the transmitter,
> but no data through the DTR line.

If you're getting PTT from WriteLog, but no data, I have had this problem in
the past. (Right now, I'm running WriteLog 11.23L, MMTTY and ExtFSK in Windows
7 Ultimate.) I'm using a RigBlaster Plus for RTTY, and when I've had this
symptom I've found that switching the position of the VOX/Auto switch on the
RigBlaster fixed it.

I see on the Advantage you don't have that same switch, but you might try
playing with the TX switch, switching between COM/Off/VOX and seeing if a
different selection may clear it up.

Hope this helps.

73,

John K8AJS