Re: [WriteLog] Sound card

Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sound card
From: Tim Gennett <timk9wx@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:29:00 -0400
I recently installed a second sound card in my PC.  When I did, the OS
(Win8.1) grabbed the new card and made it the default card.

I want to go back now and reassign all the ham radio applications to the
original sound card, as I already have everything cabled up to work with
this card.  I will use the new card only for Windows sounds.

I have been able accomplish this reassignment with all my ham radio
applications except for WriteLog.  I am unable to find a menu item that
allows selection of a particular sound card.

I did find this web page:

http://k9jy.com/blog/writelogini/sound-card/

which advises editing the writelog.ini file to include

[WlSound]
WaveOutIndex=n
WaveInIndex=n
MixerIndex=n

I've done this and, testing via the WriteLog CW decoder, still don't have
any audio coming into the decoder.  I've tested with values of n=0, 1 or 2.

Am I on the right track?

Does it matter where the [WISound] entries go in the writelog.ini file?

If it makes a difference, I am using WriteLog v11.17E, and I am editing the
writelog.ini file located in c:\Windows.

Tim K9WX