[WriteLog] Icom 7600 V2 firmware update

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Icom 7600 V2 firmware update
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 21:01:27 -0800
This reflector has been stone cold quiet regarding the new firmware update for the IC-7600 released by Icom earlier this week. I for one am anxious to find out if there is anything in the works regarding an upgrade to WriteLog that will make some of these new features available in my favorite contest logging program.

Specifically I am interested in a the new CI-V command that allows the RIT function to be reset to zero. The %O command has never worked for Icom radios as the commands to perform that action have been missing from the Icom command set. Now, for the IC-7600 at least, the necessary commands are available if the radio has the V2 firmware upgrade installed. So, when can we expect a new IC-7600 radio driver file or a keyboard shortcut command that will allow us 7600 owners to use this new function?

73,
Gary AL9A