Re: [WriteLog] Dueling CQ's in WriteLog?

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>, "jeflanders@comcast.net" <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Dueling CQ's in WriteLog?
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:22:19 -0700
There have been several postings in the past on this topic.  A concise
step-by-step procedure was posted by ZS6AA several years ago describing how to
automatically get dueling CQs.

http://lists.contesting.com/_writelog/2007-11/msg00028.html

This has worked for me on RTTY, CW and SSB.  I've also used it with one radio
on CW and the other on SSB in some multi-mode contests.  The second radio CQ
automatically resumes after sending a message (exchange, TU, ?) on the first
radio.  It's helpful to practice typical scenarios before the contest with the
transmitters in a Test or local monitor mode to get used to the keyboard and TX
switching.

You may also want to look into remapping the various arrow keys used in SO2R to
avoid accidentally ending up in the editable log.  WC1M advocated disabling of
the editable log entry via arrow keys when using SO2R but this change was never
made in WL.  Use of external key mappers such as AutoHotKey can do this or
possibly the WL Keyboard Shortcuts.  I add my vote to WC1M's to disable entry
into editable log mode through arrow keys.

73,
-Mike, N7MH