[WriteLog] Web Update Data Files

To: "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Web Update Data Files
From: "Alan Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:01:29 -0700
I just upgraded from 11.27 to 11.30. I am setting up for next weekends
CQWWDX SSB.

I have never understood how the WEB UPDATE DATA FILES function works.

After setting up WL for the CQWWDX SSB I went to FILE: WEB UPDATE DATE
FILES. The update window opens. I click on DOWNLOAD and the file window is
populated. I leave all the files highlighted. I click OK and WL opens and
closes. This makes me feel that all my CTY and MASTER files are now current
and up to date.

But when I go to C:\ProgramData\WriteLog there are no CTY files there. There
is another zip file folder WlWebUpdate but it is dated 12/12/2014. I assume?
I am supposed to click on this folder to open it then click on EXTRACT to
open these files. When I do that all the CTY and MASTER files are dated in
2014. Does WL go to the data in C:\ProgramData\WriteLog\ WlWebUpdate to find
the CTY and MASTER files? If I just did the download why are the files dated
in 2014?

I remember years ago you used to have to use Jim, AD1C CTY files and
download them to WL but I had thought the WEB UPDATE DATA FILES function did
this all automatically. The help files do not explain how all this works.

Can anyone enlighten me please.

TIA & 73
Alan, K7ACZ

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
http://www.qrz.com/db/K7ACZ
 <http://gocoastguard.com/> http://gocoastguard.com
 <http://www.uscgradio.net/> http://www.uscgradio.net
 <http://www.comm-one.org/> http://www.comm-one.org