Re: [WriteLog] Can't create rtty OLE Automation Object

To: Noel Zeibari <n3nz@n3nz.com>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Can't create rtty OLE Automation Object
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 02:48:23 +0000 (UTC)
I searched the WriteLog reflector archives for this and found mostly "packet
OLE automation object" posts. While browsing, I did find one that clicked
something in my aging brain. Here are five suggestions. Read all five before
doing anything.
1. Open writelog.ini (use the start menu WriteLog group shortcut) and save it
to another location on your hard drive as a backup, then close it. Now open the
original writelog.ini again and scroll down to the [RTTY] section. Highlight
the entire [RTTY] section (including [RTTY]) and any other RTTY sections
[RTTY2], [RTTY3], ec. and delete them (it's possible you only have one [RTTY]
section.)

Now save the file and close it. Restart WriteLog and Rttyrite. You may have to
set up your RTTY parameters again.
2. If this doesn't fix it. Delete writelog.ini completely (remember you saved
writelog.ini elsewhere as a backup). It's located here:
C:\Users\username\AppData\VirtualStore\Windows\writelog.ini

Now restart WriteLog and it will create a new writelog.ini file but you will
have to completely rebuild WriteLog from scratch.
3. If you are using the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog instead of MMTTY via
xmmt.ocx, perhaps there is a problem with the path to mmtty.exe. Open
writelog.ini and search for mmtty and see if the path is correct. It should
look something like this:
MMTTY_LOCATION=C:\Ham\MMTTY\MMTTY.EXE

It won't be exactly like that because that is the location where MMTTY resides
on my computer. If that's not the problem then see #4.
4. If you are using the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog, uninstall it and then
re-install it using the Writelog Legacy Installer Helper. See instructions here:
http://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/writelog2/legacy-installer-helper/

5. If you are using the MMTTY plug-in for Writelog, try MMTTY via xmmt.ocx
instead. Instructions here:

http://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/writelog/xmmt-support-for-mmtty-2tone/

Let us know how you make out.
73, Don AA5AU