[WriteLog] Several annoying problems from ARRL SS CW

To: WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Several annoying problems from ARRL SS CW
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 18:15:47 -0700
I ran into several annoying problems in Write Log 11.30 this weekend
for Sweepstakes.

1.  The NR and CK fields allowed me to type ATN and it converted them
to numbers. The only time I typed letters into this field was when I
was accidentally in the wrong field. I'm sure I screwed up some
exchanges because of this.  How do I disable this "feature"?

2.  Using the microKEYER,  sometimes I would send "Hi Joe" with my
paddles before pressing the insert key to send the exchange.  It took
several SECONDS for the exchange to start. What's up with that?  Note
I was operating in full-QSK mode, but I can't see that making a
difference.

3.  The Packet Spots window was useless.  Follow me (by band) did not
work, it still showed all bands.  It also showed tons of DX stations.
I know that SS is a "one band" contest and that only USA/VE and some
US territories count.  "Mult only" did not work, but I realize that
Write Log can't guess the multiplier from the call (but could in
certain exceptional cases like VO1 or KP4).  I ended up just watching
the band map and the telnet window and hoped I caught what I was
looking for.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us