Re: [WriteLog] wl_cty.dat File Location and Updating

To: "'Robert W5AJ'" <woodr90@gmail.com>, "'Alan Zack'" <k7acz@cox.net>, "'Chuck Dietz'" <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] wl_cty.dat File Location and Updating
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 04:05:27 -0600
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

Win 7 and Win 10 can be set to show files in "hidden" directories. I could
see all the files in the ProgramData directory running Win 7 and I can now
running Win 10. No problem - just check "Hidden items" and "File name
extensions" in Win 10. It's something very similar in Win 7. I've never used
Win 8.1 but it surely is in there somewhere. I can not imagine an operating
system that will not let you see the contents of a directory.

I've never had a problem downloading and converting country files for
WriteLog. Sometimes I update manually. Sometimes I let WriteLog do it for
me.

You have an excellent point about updating the country files manually -
there's more than one country file for WriteLog on
http://www.country-files.com . I'm using CTY-2512 - 27 October 2015 that I
think is the latest (VERSION = Spratly Islands).

73,
Marsh, KA5M