Re: [WriteLog] Updating CTY Files

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>, "w5prchuck@gmail.com" <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Updating CTY Files
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 17:56:36 -0800
Hi Chuck,

When I tried your efforts 2 and 3 recently on Windows XP they repeatedly failed
as you describe whether or not I had Administrator privileges.  Then I noticed
that there was a tiny checkbox on the confirmation pop-up.  It had something to
do with security on the computer.  I clicked on the checkbox to change its
state and then both the download and conversion succeeded.

Sorry, but like you I don't have ready access to the WriteLog computers so I
can't just rerun the conversion to reproduce the exact wording of the checkbox
on the pop-up window.

This may not be the same issue that you're facing on Windows 10 but thought I'd
offer it just in case it helps you or someone else.

73,
-Mike, N7MH