[WriteLog] rtty memory %M?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] rtty memory %M?
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:30:20 +0000
HNY,

My very first contact in RU had a malfunction in my rtty message for exchange (using F4). Writelog version 11.32.

My rtty messages use the Shift F4 message to hold the variable part of each contest exchange, eg "599 VA VA". My S&P report key, F4 contains "%M24" trying to link to the text in Shift F4. Also my Run exchange links to the same SF4 message with the contest report.

This is what worked before the cw and rtty messages were separated. Just after the separation, a "%M64" got to the rtty shift F4 text. But somewhere that changed back to %M24" I think. In the past several contests I have been fooled by the fact that my last rtty message contains some text similar to what SF4 holds - to repeat my exchange if asked for. So I had not realized that the very last message was being sent by default when the "%Mx" shortcut was failing.

Bottom line: What is the proper syntax to get to the shifted rtty message using the %M shortcut????? The help files still say to "use %M plus 20"

I need to fix this error before the next contest bites me again because I forgot to fix it.

Good contest - lots of signals.

Jerry