[WriteLog] Userport Question

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Userport Question
From: W8AV--- via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 15:45:48 -0500
I inadvertently sent this just to N9OH instead of the whole group so I will
 post this here.

Has anyone tried using the Userport Utility with Win 7 and higher and does
it work?  The reason for my question is that I had an XP machine that the
power supply died in and I can not get a replacement for it.  I am going to
be forced to upgrade to either Win 7, 8 or 10 when I get a new computer to
replace the dead one.  The machine I am ordering from Dell will have a
serial port, parallel port and USB ports on it and Windows 7 as the operating
system.  If Userport works with Win 7, then I will not have to spend $32+
apiece for USB to RS232 adaptors.

I am, currently running 930's and am in the process of upgrading those to
K3's.  For all but 1 radio, I am CW keying through a parallel port since I
have the LPT interfaces for the keying lines.  I have been using Userport
to fool XP into thinking it is Win 98 to allow it to address a parallel  port.

Thanks in advance.

73.......de Goose, W8AV