[WriteLog] Delay on tx with mmtty during CQ WPX contest

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Delay on tx with mmtty during CQ WPX contest
From: Gordon LaPoint <gordon.lapoint@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:32:11 -0500
During the CQ WPX RTTY contest we had lots of problems with delay in tx when using any fkeys. We were running Multi-Op single tx, a setup we have used many times. The hardware is a K3 with KPA-500 amp, 4 years old with many rtty contests. When hitting any Fkey to tx the delay was random and upto 3 seconds long, using Writelog version 12.03C We finally uninstalled 12.03 and installed 11.24j (latest full install I have) and continued the contest with no delays in keyup.

The computer is a AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5 Ghz with 16Gb of ram, running Win 10 Home (will all current updates) We disabled all virus scanners, disk backup and anything else that might cause problems.

I have been using this computer and hardware combo for several years without problems, so don't know what the problem might be. WriteLog setup with mmtty using XMMT.ocx, hardware FSK (using PCIe serial cards *NOT* usb dongles)

We did not have the F10 key problem when using 12.03.

We made over 1200 contacts, not a bad run for "old" guys, so overall everything worked fine after the switch to version 11. We made a greate effort to chase down the problem before going to version 11 (turning off the virus checker, unloading the backup software, disabling most of the other software that starts when the system boots up)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Gordon - N1MGO   (team used KT1I for the contest, much better prefix!!)