Re: [WriteLog] Networking issue

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Networking issue
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 20:06:59 -0500
Yay this works perfectly!  After years of trying I was finally able to
network the cluster in last weekend's RTTY contest.

John KK9A

To:     writelog@contesting.com
From:   "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date:   Thu, 17 Dec 2015 22:10:39 +0000

This is a bug in all recent versions of WriteLog. There is a work
around. Edit writelog.ini and make this change:

[network]
UseTcp=1

That is, there is probably already a section in writelog.ini labeled
[network]. Find it and add the above line. It fixes the Packet "Local
Network" connect, which means there might be one machine in your network
that could do without the line. But don't try to figure out which. Add
it to all of them.

Why does this work?  ... let my try this for an answer: "historical reasons"

Wayne