Re: [WriteLog] RTTY messages containing %e not at the end

To: support@writelog.com, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY messages containing %e not at the end
From: W2GR--- via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:14:52 -0400

Wayne,

All my messages DID have an (%E) at the end...with no characters after the
(E). I just brought my msgs in from last years CQWW RTTY (in the old WL
ver) to  the new version and when I did that for the RTTY Sprint over the
weekend MSG box msg did not appear. All worked OK. I wouldn't want  anything
after the E!

I just opened the set up messages again and hit "no"...the cursor went to
the first (F02) line...all is OK there. And it appears every time I hit OK
when  trying to exit the msgs setup screen. Ver. 12.08C

73

Mike W2GR

In a message dated 9/19/2016 3:50:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
support@writelog.com writes:

> Put  all my messages in starting each with %r and ending all with space
>  %E... hit ok/apply and a message box appeared with the following: rtty
>  memory %E not at end of message. Do you really want that? yes or no.
>  [stuff deleted] Finally just closed  the whole window and the  messages
> seem to just work just fine.

If you answer "No" to  the message box "do you really want that?" the
cursor is placed on the  (first) message that has a %e not at the end.
Since you don't post a  reason you want a message to have characters
after the %e, its likely you  really want to fix this as there will be a
problem later: you're  going  press f-Keys and complain that the message
you wanted to send  did not get sent (because the Rttyrite window is
instead sending the left  over characters after the %e in the previous
f-key you pressed) and you  have to press another f-key and WL sends the
wrong message,  etc.

Wayne