Re: [WriteLog] RTTY messages containing %e not at the end

To: Wayne <support@writelog.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY messages containing %e not at the end
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 15:33:42 -0500
hello Wayne, I don't quite understand your response... i never want to have a message with characters after the %e. All of my messages end with %e... example F2= %r%c 599 04 04 al al %e ... i use f1 for cq message. I have never seen this box show up and it's reason makes no sense as there is no message in F1 to F11 and alternate keys without a %e at the end. I didn't answer yes or no as that seemed to cause problems... simply closed the box with the X and all works ok. I use MMTTY instead of rttyrite but this message has never shown up before in all the years of rtty contesting with writelog that I have done. So I am in the dark as to why this all of a sudden started to show up. i hope that I am making myself clear...sometimes I am not he best at telling what i am seeing! Thanks for your time/input! 73's Cort K4WI.... ok Don AA5AU just sent me a email saying that a space after the %e is the problem. I will take a look and see where I have goofed! ok just opened writelog and didn't see any spaces after %e but didn't expect to....hit delete key after each message %e and now the the strange box doesn't show... problem solved! Thanks Don!

Wayne <mailto:support@writelog.com>
Monday, September 19, 2016 2:50 PM

If you answer "No" to the message box "do you really want that?" the
cursor is placed on the (first) message that has a %e not at the end.
Since you don't post a reason you want a message to have characters
after the %e, its likely you really want to fix this as there will be a
problem later: you're going press f-Keys and complain that the message
you wanted to send did not get sent (because the Rttyrite window is
instead sending the left over characters after the %e in the previous
f-key you pressed) and you have to press another f-key and WL sends the
wrong message, etc.

Wayne