[WriteLog] Super Check Partial slowdown - V11 vs V12

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial slowdown - V11 vs V12
From: "James Brooks, 9V1YC" <9v1yc@nine-v.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:30:36 +0800
OK. This has been puzzling me ever since I installed WL version 12.03 earlier
this year.  I searched through all the old threads but nothing has helped so
perhaps someone here can figure this out.

Ever since I moved up to v12 I've noticed the SCP search speed would get
progressively slower once a log went above about 3000 Q's.   By 10,000 it was
taking about 4 seconds, and anything north of that made SCP pretty useless in a
high-rate situation. (Just to stress-test it I loaded up a DXpedition log with
about 27K Q's in it and SCP slowed to a crawl).

For the record I'm running on Win 7 / 64 bit, i3, 4GB RAM.

At first I thought that perhaps the SCP speed was always like this and I just
never noticed.  But today I decided to un-install V12.03 and return to V11.06A
and load up the same logs.  Sure enough, SCP was lightning fast. Didn't matter
if there was 1 QSO in there or 27,000.  SCP was almost instantaneous in version
11, and it blazed through both the local log and MASTER.DTA in a flash.  It was
done before I could even finish typing in a call - which is exactly how I
remember it.

As an added test, I loaded that same 27K QSO log into v11 on a ultra-crappy
8-year old XP laptop with 2GB RAM. Again, the SCP search time was super fast
and there was no hint of any slowdown.  Almost identical to the Win 7 machine.
I even tested the same log on an old WL version 10 and SCP was still blazing
fast.

I've already tried a few things:  Turned off autosave, disconnected any packet
connections (I rarely use them anyway), changed the SCP fonts, increased
memory, and shut down all other programs running in the background.  Nothing
changes.  SCP is still slow in v12 with large logs.

I know log sizes above 10K aren't too common, but has anyone else noticed this
in v12?  Perhaps something in the code changed?  Maybe there's a newer release
that addressed this?

73

James 9V1YC