[WriteLog] band changes and other problems during wpx

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] band changes and other problems during wpx
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 09:09:17 +0200
I am disappointed with the problems in wpx rtty. There are always minor problems but this time I am tired...

We started the wpx contest as MS. Unfortunately the band changes counter does not work as it should be. So the first operator made many band changes during the first hours. Now we continue as M2... I can not understand why it counts so wrong. I noticed also that after reboot it shows 0 band changes! This means that it does not examine the log? Please correct it.

Also problem during MS, was the software lockout function. It works perfectly until it stops!!! After 6 hours working ok it stopped. I had noticed the same in sartg contest last August. When it stopped the only solution to bring this back in life is to reboot all computers in network. The strange thing that this does not recover it always. I needed more reboots to make it to work. Finally it started work again until we stopped it because the mistake with the band changes counter.

We had also problems with the network. We have 3 computers, all with windows 7, dual core, running only contests (no other software except contest software). We have a cisco ethernet switch and factory made ethernet cables. All computers running latest writelog. The first computer has not a radio. This is connected to internet and except writelog runs ve7cc program to get clusters. This computer broadcasts our score to cqcontest.net also. The other two computers have a homemade interface the first one and a mk2r+ the 2nd one. As decoders we use mmtty and as clone the 2tone are used in both computers. Also bandmap is open (undocked) and the usual windows (rate, checkpartial, score) are docked. Clusters are configured to get skimmer spots also (many spots). If the 1st computer is connected to ve7cc and the other 2 are configured to get clusters from the network, the writelog stops functioning almost immediately. If all computers are connected to ve7cc as telnet, the writelog works for hours but sometimes we see popups windows in bandmap and in the 2 decoders windows saying something like "software stopped" offering 3 choices "switch to", "retry", "cancel". If you press switch and retry several times it continues to play some more time... But this has happened agn and agn...

...73 de Kostas SV1DPI
  (One of SZ1A-EP6T)