[WriteLog] GridSq + S/N ??

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] GridSq + S/N ??
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 12:08:43 -1000
Don AA5AU wrote:
Jeff, if you are going to use DigiRite outside of contests then you need to
change the exchange in Settings to "Grid Square & db Report". That way
everything flows better and you don't have to use Alternate messages.

My newbie question:  Given that there are fixed cycle times of 7.5 or 15
seconds, what's the disadvantage of sending both grid square and signal
report vs just the grid square? It's the same cycle time either way. Every
packet has 75 user bits regardless of what they mean.

I was getting a number of non-contest QSOs and considered (but didn't)
changing to send both all the time instead of just grid square.

Tks & 73, Alan  AD6E