Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 202, Issue 4

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 202, Issue 4
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 07:43:53 -1000
That's rather sad, but I suppose it was bound to happen. I've heard the GNU
community will aggressively go after anyone trying to make $$ off of GNU
licensed software. It doesn't seem like a violation the way Wayne put out
DigiRite, but that's just my opinion.

I gave up doing software when DOS died. It would probably be a good thing
for my soul to go through this build process but it looks intimidating.
Maybe a 3rd party can pick this up and do the build? Maybe I'm under
estimating the process, but in the end one only needs the built files, the
Visual Studio runtime stuff, and then run that register modifier. Is that
the case?  If a 3rd party offers those files (for free) then the legal
issues are solved? I would have no problem putting the files in my Google
cloud account as publicly shared. I have no connection with Writelog other
than being a user. Would that help?

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU