[WriteLog] WL Remote setup questions

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL Remote setup questions
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 19:23:18 +0000

I've gone through the blog exercises and it seems to work for rig control
and CW (only so far) when both remote and control sides are on the same
computer.

Now I'm trying two computers on the same LAN and can't get a connection. If
I succeed, then I'll try the same two computers on different outside IP
addresses (using my cell phone hot spot for the control computer). Once
that works I should be good to go home. I'm at the remote site now for a
couple more days.

I'm getting a remote refusal when I click on "Connect" as if the password
is wrong. It's not. It worked yesterday when both were on the same machine.
I did copy the cert file to the new control machine. Is there a time out
such that I need to generate a NEW cert?  I'm using Chrome remote to
connect the two PCs and that's working OK.

Since both machines are on the same LAN, what do I use for Login IP value?
Is that supposed to be the control site or the remote site IP address?  IP4
or IP6?

Setup is K3 to K3term. Remote PC is Win10. Control PC is Win7 (I don't use
it much) Both have WL12.46D

Second question: My remote PC is a NUC. No separate sound card so it only
has mono "mic" input and stereo output. Therefore I won't be able to use
the sub RX. Should I connect to the K3 line in/out jacks? or connect to the
K3 mic input and headphone jacks? I have not yet played with the audio
stuff as I find Winderz audio quite frustrating to deal with. Later...

Thanks & 73, Alan  AD6E