[WriteLog] Using the K4 DVR

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using the K4 DVR
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 08:31:35 -1000
I'm going to take my new K4 to Field Day to show it off as well as show off
Writelog to all the N1MM users.

Has anyone set up a K4 to use the radio's internal DVR with Writelog yet?
Some things work well, but some don't.
PBx; works fine to access the eight DVK memories. However, PB0; has no
action to stop a playback immediately like it's supposed to. Same with RX;
and DA0;

I've set the ini to this:
[Elecraft_K3_commands]
Macro_18=PB1;
Macro_19=PB2;
Macro_20=PB3;
Macro_21=PB4;
Macro_22=PB5;
Macro_23=PB6;
Macro_24=PB0;

%GK18 thru 23 work fine in the SSB messages window.
%GK24 doesn't work even if changed to DA0; or RX; which should also kill a
message in progress. I tried with Macro_13 in case 24 has a problem but
that didn't work either. Is there a limit to the number of Macros I can set?

I'm keeping Macro_11 thru 17 for K3 DVK commands which work fine but they
are different commands specific to the K3, not the K4.

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU
(CW op at KH6RS this weekend)