FT-1000MP and KAM+

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: FT-1000MP and KAM+
From: kg8qt@ix.netcom.com (Martin G. Mendelson III)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 17:21:42 -0400
Hi have been following the interesting things here on the MP. I
purchased one at Dayton and it seems to be acting fine so far. Serial
#5N05????. Tried to use it with my KAM+ this weekend for the RTTY
contest and couldn't make a single contact. I listened to the monitor
and only got a single tone. I is wired according to the specs as AFSK
to the Packet port. It hears just fine. What am I doing wrong???

Whether I push the PKT or RTTY button I get only a single tone. I
limited the power output via the menu and tried adjusting the ALC
according to the manual. Could not get the ALC to register anything
until I applied a little power. Then the ALC jumped to the MAX ALC and
pinned there.

I enjoy the occasional RTTY and such contact and had fun when I used the
FT-890AT. Still got the 890 but am getting ready to go mobile with it.
Sure don't want to drag it in and out of the shack everytime I want to
go digital. HELP!!!

Marty KG8QT   Warren, MI EN82