[Yaesu] FT-1000D / FIF-232C / NA 10.04

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D / FIF-232C / NA 10.04
From: lewis@phoenix.net (Lewis Stephens)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 96 20:30:47 -0500
>Just got my (used) D and tried to connect it to the computer.  No go.
>Radio VFO locked up and program said wasn't on contest band and
>the blue highlight on the bands jumped around.  Tried the normal mode
>on the FIF (little switch next to thetransformer); the radio VFO was OK,
>but the program locked up (no Alt-F1/2).
>       Same difference with a cable adapter which removed the pull up
>resistors (R1 and R2 from seeing the COM port.  I know the serial
>port and the COM to FIF cable is OK as it worked with my Kenwood 940/IF232C.
>       COM port set to 8N2, 4800 baud.
>       Don't recall if the CAT on the 1000D lit up.  The FIF went back
>to Burghardt and another's on its way.
>       HOWEVER, someone said that earlier FT1000s didn't work
>with contest programs and a PROM upgrade was implemented.  Is this
>true?  My unit's serial # is 0J090288, is it affected?  Would a new 1000D
>have this PROM upgrade?

Do a Las Vegas restart, (Hold down the one(1.5) and the three (7) keys
and power up the rig.

It will go through a light dance and then show what rom version you have.
It should be version six (6). I think that is required to use the FIF.

73

Lewis

Lewis P. Stephens Jr.               KM5BH (Amateur Radio Callsign)
Amber, Inc.                         CLARC (Clear Lake Amateur Radio Club)
lewis@phoenix.net                   NAMU (NASA Area Macintosh Users)
LewisS3@AOL.com
73404.1403.compuserve.com

--