[Yaesu] FT1000 Fan Noise

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000 Fan Noise
From: ni8k@one.net (Gary Wilburn)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 00:02:02 -0500
Hello Jim:
    Sounds more like a blower than a fan ! T.G.F.H. = Thank Goodness for
Headphones. Sometimes the blower on the amp drowns out the 1000's
blower.

Cheers

Gary Wilburn
NI8K

James M. wrote:

> Just bought a new FT-1000D.  I notice now that the temperature
> controlled fan seems to be quite audible compared to other rigs with
> internal fans.  Distinctive buzzing noise as it speeds up and stops.  Is
> this par for the course with Yaesu 1000D or can it be fixed.  Relly
> detracts from an otherwise excellent (and costly) radio.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> Jim N4BE
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html
> Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:                 ke7gh@contesting.com

NNNN

"Destiny is a matter of choice not chance"

Gary L. Wilburn Jr. NI8K
4721 OliveBranch-Stonelick Rd.
Batavia, Ohio 45103-9772  (Suburb of Cincinnati)
(513)732-1224 Home (513)731-1445 Fax