[Yaesu] Previous request for FT1000D Filtering advice

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Previous request for FT1000D Filtering advice
From: dave@egh.com (David Clemons)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 12:46:27 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

        Many thanks for all the replies.  What I needed to do was use the
WIDTH knob, which is situated in the lower right hand section of the
rig's front face.  I experimented last night with it, and found that 8 or
9 clicks on the knob in combination with the 500 hz filter simulates the
250 hz filter by itself, although the audio quality is not as nice as the
250 hz filter gives by itself.  So, I estimated 5 clicks ought to
give me the effect of a 400 hz filter.  Bob AA0CY suggested 3 or 4
clicks, so I will defer to his experience-based knowledge in my first
use of this filtering.

        Some of you probably wonder how I missed this when reading the
manual.  (I actually read it about three times!)  I also wonder how I
missed it.  I think it was just a case of trying to absorb too much material
without spending enough time practicing the new knowledge on the air.

        Most of you probably also belong to the contest reflector.  This
mistake, and what it cost me in the SS CW last weekend, probably
qualifies me to make an entry in the Contesters Stupid Mistakes category
which has been started up by KT4LD's original message.  I don't think I
will send it there, however, because it might qualify for a certificate!

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html
Problems:                 ke7gh@contesting.com