[Yaesu] DVS-2 .. "raspy" audio problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] DVS-2 .. "raspy" audio problem
From: bdenton@tenet.edu (Bill Morris Denton)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 09:08:02 -0600 (CST)
Sandy welcome to the DVS-2 raspy audio club.... I to have same problem.
This is not one of Yaesu's better devices. I am told that it sounds ok on
the air, maybe a little thinner than the mic. but not the raspy sound that I
hear in the headsets and speaker. It's ok for contesting.  Frankly the
MFJ voice keyer is a lot better.  I used one in a couple of contest and
it works great. The book indicates that this may
happen with a FT-1000 and some internal adjustments can be made.  I have a
new FT-990 and I to bought a used DVS.  Glad I didn't pay the big bucks for
the new one. My biggest complaint about the 990 is... I cant hear my
voice with the big muff type headsets on during contesting...I thought
from what I had been told about the DVS that it would turn on the headset
monitor during transmit from mic as long as the DVS was in record mode.
Yep... it don't work that way.
Give us a posting if you find out anything..... now I  know why so many
DVS on used market... I know a guy that has one for sale.

Bill Denton
WA5DWX