[Yaesu] Yaesu FT-10R no RX, no TX

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT-10R no RX, no TX
From: peca@galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu (Zoran Kostic)
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 01:07:19 -0800
Hello everyone,
I am having trouble with my FT-10R, and I don't know where else to
ask for help but here.
        What happened was that I started cloning (load) on my radio
with the other end of the cable unconnected and then accidently touched
the
cloning pin. The radio reported "ERR1" and beeped, but when I turned it
back on in normal mode - there was no RX and no TX !  Since then, the
frequency reading on the display just blinks.
Everything else works. I can enter menus, make changes, record voice,
etc, but it will not transmit nor receive. The manual for the FT-530
says
that, if the display blinks, you are too far out of band, and the PLL
can
not lock.
These two things give me hope that the CPU is not dead. Could it be
something about the EEPROM, which can't be reset, since there is
no ram & backup battery ?

Resetting DOES NOT help! It says "INIT", but it still just blinks.

I don't have another FT-10R to try to clone it from, there is no YAESU
service ANYWHERE near and I don't have the ADMS software. I
don't even know if ADMS would be of any help ? Maybe I could damage the
other FT-10 if I tried cloning between them ?

Any hints, similar problems, usefull adresses, or maybe quick fixes :)

Frank

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html
Problems:                 ke7gh@contesting.com