[Yaesu] 1000MP A/B

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 1000MP A/B
From: monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com (monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com)
Date: 24 Feb 1997 00:55:50 EST
Scott:  Are you just momentarily pressing the A->B switch?  You have to
hold it in for a couple seconds and then you get a double "beep" and the
shift of the B VFO to equal the A VFO.  Works OK on mine and I don't
believe there is a menu selection to disable this feature.  Also sounds
like your 'MP is polling the TR program and not getting any info from
the computer or vice-versa.  Mine flickers when it talks to my logging
software.  Have never used TR.  Have version 8 of CT which does not
support the 'MP.  Too lazy (read "cheap") to spring for version 9.xx of
CT which does cover the 'MP.  I had some pretty ruff audio reports on
the air when using my Heil with the 'MP.  Have not had the chance to
sort this out.  Also Heil is supposed to have a problem in their Yaesu
mic connectors where the shell mounting screw occasionaly shorts out one
of the leads in the plug.  I heard of different fixes including removing
the screw, shortening the screw.  Supossedly, Heil knows about this and
is offering a fix for Yaesu owners.  Can't remember where I heard all
this, or any further details.  I have heard one guy on the air say that
he can't run his processor more than a 9 o'clock setting on the control,
but I ran mine right up there and was not that impressed with the
results.  Basically I leave it off.  See you in WPX.  73
Wally / KT1M

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html