[Yaesu] FT-5100 Bulbs

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-5100 Bulbs
From: n8mg@ix.netcom.com (Martin G. Mendelson III)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 19:10:28 -0500
Hello out there in Yaesu land. I was wondering if anyone has replaced
the bulbs in their 5100 and how they did it. I have heard several around
town here say that they burn out quick after replacement. Also seem to
remember someone mention, but cannot remeber where something about using
LED's instead of the 10v grain of wheat bulbs used by Yahoo. This unit
is on constantly in the house and the original bulbs lasted about 5 or
so months. They have been out now for about a year. It isn't a big deal,
just would like it to glow in the dark again. It can be a pain when I
have to turn on a light to see what freq I am on.

Thanx, Marty N8MG

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html