[Yaesu] FT1000MP, rx probl.

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP, rx probl.
From: on4th@ping.be (Thierry DUPONT)
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 16:48:39 -0700
Tnx fer reading this one...

I've a probleme with my FT1000MP ser nber 6E09.....

When i want to listen below 1.500 Mhz, i turn the vfo A down,
i heard a click (realy), the light "GEN"  is brighting......
And....its like the receiver was dead....without antenna connected....
I do the same manipulation with a antenna on connector "B"...same
story..
No, i do the same with a RX antenna and selected, off course....and
the receiver is alive, i can losten on the station between 30 Khz and
1500 Khz....So, i've asked to 2 friends to do the same experience, and
they 're received all until 30 khz with a antenna on A,B or rx....
So, i've sended my rig to the Europe Yaesu after sale warranty service,
the rig is coming back...and...it 's the same..after a phone call, the
technical service sayed me that he've tryed with a new ft1000mp just out
the box..its the same..He explained me that to receiver below 1500 Khz,
its possible only via RX antenna connector....and he sayed also :
"thats writed in the technical book"..
So, this week end, i've tried myself with a ft1000mp serial 6H11...;
A single antenna on connector A, turning the vfo down until 1200 Khz..
and it was ok, i can listen to the broadcast station..

So, i wonder me if there are more than one version of RX for this
rig....
Or what's wrong with my FT1000MP...( I think its this second solution
who is ok)

Any help is wellcome, i dont want to send again my rig to receive it in
the same state.....

Best regards, Thierry "Ted" on4th@ping.be