[Yaesu] FT-890. Any comments?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-890. Any comments?
From: tetrault@mv.mv.com (Mark Tetrault)
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 14:55:21 GMT
On Sun, 08 Jun 1997 10:17:11 -0300, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm in the process of buying one FT890 with AT.
>
>I would like to hear some comments about this radio before I buy it. I
>was told that after some time the frequency starts to run or jump. Is it
>true?
>
>I thank you in advance for your kind support and as I always remain,

I have had two, I now have only one. It's in my Travel Trailer and
also mobile. Both FT890s performed well, with no problems. The one in
my RV is the oldest of the two I had, and it still performs
flawlessly.

While I too have heard about some nitpicks with the rig, mine has been
and continues to be a great rig. I now have a FT990 as a base and love
it too.

Mark

| Mark D. Tetrault      | tetrault@mv.mv.com                  |
| 6 Colonial Drive      | 1:132/169@fidonet.org               |
| Pembroke, NH 03275    | aa1ov.ampr.org_44.52.7.8            |
| 603-485-5852          | http:// www.mv.com/users/tetrault   |