[Yaesu] FT1000MP's ATU Problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP's ATU Problem
From: yc0low@ibm.net (Jo,yc0low)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 08:04:27 +0700
Friends,
I've been using my FT1000MP since last November mostly for top band
operation. When on top band, I never use my ATU but only my external
transmatch to a full sized inverted-V.
For another bands (80m and 40, SSB) I use different antenna. It's multiband
windom. When working -with low power- on these bands, I always used the
rig's ATU by switching the transmatch to CO-AX DIRECT. The ATU works fine
for both bands, but yesterday, I had it differently:
* Tuning process takes longer time, or stuck with TUNER and WAIT indicators
are lit           "forever". At this status, I can hear repetitive clicking
sound from the ATU unit.
* SWR indicator is always higher than it used to be even though the
automatic tuning
  is "succesful" (not stuck).
I made no changes to my windom antenna and have checked if anything wrong
there. But it's OK. Anyone have similar experience? Please let me know.
Thank you.

73 de Jo, YC0LOW, P.O. Box 147, Cinere 16514, Indonesia.
mailto:yc0low@ibm.net mailto:yc0low@qsl.net
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/3922554