[Yaesu] 80M HPF filter test

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 80M HPF filter test
From: k3mm@erols.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 01:30:06 -0000
Well, I may have misstated things a bit.  Unfortunately, there a lots of
things that happen when you cross over the band edge at 3500, and I'm not
exactly sure which ones they are at this point.  I know that when you go from
a ham band to a General coverage band (outside the ham band), several things
change, such as the front end bandpass filter of the RX, if in TUNED mode, the
front end preamp goes back to the FLAT one.  The TUNED mode preampSo it looks
like it's normal for the signals to drop when in Tuned mode and you enter the
80 meter band (the GEN light goes out).  In addition, I believe it depends on
how your individual radio is set up, how much gain is won or lost.

However, I can tell you that if you input a signal in the TX jack in Tuned
mode and then inject the same signal into the RX ANT IN port, you should get
close to the same sensitivity.  If you dont, then the HPF probably has a
problem, since in RX ANT mode, the HPF board is bypassed.  That and the
Antenna network in the radio are about the only thing that can be wrong.

73, Ty K3MM