[Yaesu] RX Antenna

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RX Antenna
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 07:02:40 -0600
Bill,

Yes, you will probably damage the unprotected front end of your radio.  I
use a 1000D, and have 4 beverages for dxing.  However, I use a small device
called a Front End Protector, for CJ Electronics in Fort Wayne Indiana.  It
costs $49 and is worth every penny.

I'm out of town right now, but if you'll post a note to the group, I'm sure
someone has the address and phone number for CJ.  This little box uses 4
reed relays to ground your beverage and then key the amplifier. I simply
would not use my beverages without it.  I leave it in line at all times, so
that no matter which antenna I'm using, my external recieve input is
grounded during transmit.

I know this works well, as my SE beverage runs directly under the end of my
160 inverted vee antenna.

Good luck.  Email me on Saturday if you still have not found the address for
CJ and I'll send it to you from home.

Good luck...and don't use your beverages til you get one of these babies.
BTW, when you order it, ask for a little mod that lets you bypass it if you
wish.  I also built mine from a kit and added an off-on switch and a small
LED to indicate when it's on.

Larry N0XB

BTW, all my friends in the Twin Cities use these things, too.  Great little box.